Woot! Check out our 2018 highlights video from the excellent Chuck Cleary!
The 2018 Intramural season kicks off next week! Our intramural team, lead by Coach Laura, meets twice a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays and is open to girls and boys living in Falmouth in grades 2-8. Players will be divided up by grade, with the 2nd-4th graders using a cool new special smaller disc in their games, the 5th and 6th graders matching up, and the 7th and 8th graders playing together. Players in the 2nd-4th grades will play from 6-7:30pm, while players in the 5th-8th grades will play from 6-8pm.
The cost to register for the intramural team is $65, though as always, no player will ever be turned away for financial reasons. If the cost of playing is at all an issue, we just ask that families pay whatever is affordable. The cost of participating should NEVER factor into a player’s decision to play ultimate.
We’ve done some logistical juggling and are now able to keep registration open for Falmouth Rogue through the end of the month!
The good news is that our first practice is on Friday, March 30th and the deadline to register isn’t until the following day, March 31st. So players can now check out the first practice before making the final decision to commit to the full season!
Quick heads-up! Instead of meeting on Monday, February 26th, we will now be gathering on Thursday, March 8th from 6-7pm to talk about the upcoming Falmouth Rogue season. If you or your student athlete is planning on playing with the travel team, please try to attend. Also, spread the word!
Get excited for ultimate!
The 2018 season is fast approaching. Here are some good things to know:
– Pre-season Parents and Players meeting is Monday, February 26 from 6-7:00pm at the Falmouth Town Library on Lunt Road. All new and returning parents and players for Falmouth Rogue should try to attend.
– Our first indoor pre-season practice is Friday, March 30th, from 6-8pm, in the Falmouth Middle School gym. Pre-season practices will be held on Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. Please click over to the Rogue schedule for exact details.
– Two of our practices will be film sessions (due to the unavailability of gym space). On Wednesdays, April 4th and 11th, we’ll be watching professional produced games of ultimate (like this) and eating snacks.
– The deadline for signing up to play on Falmouth Rogue is Friday, March 9th. Due to the time it takes uniforms to be printed, this is a hard and fast deadline. Registration is open now!
– Speaking of uniforms, our team artist Joey Han is hard at-work on putting the finishing touches on this year’s design. It’s going to be awesome!
Roll Falmouth Rogue!