Quick heads-up! Instead of meeting on Monday, February 26th, we will now be gathering on Thursday, March 8th from 6-7pm to talk about the upcoming Falmouth Rogue season. If you or your student athlete is planning on playing with the travel team, please try to attend. Also, spread the word!
Get excited for ultimate!
The 2018 season is fast approaching. Here are some good things to know:
– Pre-season Parents and Players meeting is Monday, February 26 from 6-7:00pm at the Falmouth Town Library on Lunt Road. All new and returning parents and players for Falmouth Rogue should try to attend.
– Our first indoor pre-season practice is Friday, March 30th, from 6-8pm, in the Falmouth Middle School gym. Pre-season practices will be held on Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. Please click over to the Rogue schedule for exact details.
– Two of our practices will be film sessions (due to the unavailability of gym space). On Wednesdays, April 4th and 11th, we’ll be watching professional produced games of ultimate (like this) and eating snacks.
– The deadline for signing up to play on Falmouth Rogue is Friday, March 9th. Due to the time it takes uniforms to be printed, this is a hard and fast deadline. Registration is open now!
– Speaking of uniforms, our team artist Joey Han is hard at-work on putting the finishing touches on this year’s design. It’s going to be awesome!
Roll Falmouth Rogue!
Mark your schedule for this Monday, March 13th, for the annual Falmouth Rogue Parents/Players meeting, which will be held at the Falmouth Town Library from 7-8pm. Falmouth Rogue is open to girls and boys in the 4th-8th grades living in Falmouth. The deadline to register for Falmouth Rogue, the travel team, is next Wednesday, March 15th.
Ultiworld is a great website packed with tons of great strategic ultimate frisbee related content. Click over and check out their article on the best throwers in college ultimate.
We’re hosting a second Parents & Players Meeting on Tuesday, March 29th at 6pm at the Falmouth Town Library on Lunt Road. This meeting with be the same as our first gathering earlier this month and is designed for parents who were unable to attend that meeting. I will talk about the upcoming season, the differences between Travel and Intramural, and answer all questions.
Remember that the deadline to sign up for the Travel Team is April 1st, so this last meeting is a good chance to find out any last details before deciding which team to play on (there is no deadline for the Intramural Team).
The first Parents and Players meeting of the season will be at the Falmouth Memorial Library on Thursday, March 10th at 6pm at the Falmouth Memorial Library on Lunt Road. I will go over details for the season, including the new split to two teams (Travel and Intramural) and answer any questions. I will be posting all necessary details here on the website after the meeting, so if you can’t make it for whatever reason, don’t worry.
– Coach Shea
We’ll be holding a meeting for all parents with students either playing on the ultimate frisbee team or who are interested in playing next Wednesday, March 25, at 7:00pm at the Falmouth Library on 5 Lunt Road. Players are welcome to attend.