This season we’re super lucky to be employing the services of ultimate video-producing superstar Charles Cleary, who is local to the area and known for his top quality videos. A sample of this work is below. Chuck will be filming one of our games this season and producing a similar video of highlights for Falmouth Rogue. Get excited!
The 145-gram Jstar disc by Discraft is a wonderfully scaled-down version of the 175-gram Ultrastar discs used in regulation play. We are printing up 100 Falmouth Rogue Jstar discs this year to use in our new 2nd/4th grade intramural program and for use when Coach Shea teaches the Falmouth 4th graders how to play ultimate in their gym classes. Here’s a mock up of how they will look. We’ll have them ready to throw by mid-March!
Credit to Falmouth artist Joey Han for the design of our logo, which converted to one-color beautifully.
Watch as tennis great Roger Federer calls his own serve out. THIS is how we play ultimate. Play with top class or don’t play at all.
Quick heads-up! Instead of meeting on Monday, February 26th, we will now be gathering on Thursday, March 8th from 6-7pm to talk about the upcoming Falmouth Rogue season. If you or your student athlete is planning on playing with the travel team, please try to attend. Also, spread the word!
Please share this widely:
“Falmouth Rogue is a middle school ultimate team with girl and boy players in grades 5-8 and is looking for coaches for the upcoming 2018 season. Our ideal candidates have experience playing competitive ultimate and the ability to teach to and coach middle schoolers. Our travel team practices are three days a week from the first week in April through the second week of June and are held in Falmouth, Maine. Coaches receive free uniforms, discs, and a small stipend upon the successful completion of the season. We also pay for USAU Level 1 Coach certification. To learn more about the team, please visit FMSUltimate.com and/or email coach SheaGunther@gmail.com.”
Get excited for ultimate!
The 2018 season is fast approaching. Here are some good things to know:
– Pre-season Parents and Players meeting is Monday, February 26 from 6-7:00pm at the Falmouth Town Library on Lunt Road. All new and returning parents and players for Falmouth Rogue should try to attend.
– Our first indoor pre-season practice is Friday, March 30th, from 6-8pm, in the Falmouth Middle School gym. Pre-season practices will be held on Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. Please click over to the Rogue schedule for exact details.
– Two of our practices will be film sessions (due to the unavailability of gym space). On Wednesdays, April 4th and 11th, we’ll be watching professional produced games of ultimate (like this) and eating snacks.
– The deadline for signing up to play on Falmouth Rogue is Friday, March 9th. Due to the time it takes uniforms to be printed, this is a hard and fast deadline. Registration is open now!
– Speaking of uniforms, our team artist Joey Han is hard at-work on putting the finishing touches on this year’s design. It’s going to be awesome!
Roll Falmouth Rogue!
Focus. Determination. Preparation. Hard work.
All leads to excellence.
This video is beautiful- win by open water.
Get excited! We start on Friday!