Quick heads-up! Instead of meeting on Monday, February 26th, we will now be gathering on Thursday, March 8th from 6-7pm to talk about the upcoming Falmouth Rogue season. If you or your student athlete is planning on playing with the travel team, please try to attend. Also, spread the word!
Please share this widely:
“Falmouth Rogue is a middle school ultimate team with girl and boy players in grades 5-8 and is looking for coaches for the upcoming 2018 season. Our ideal candidates have experience playing competitive ultimate and the ability to teach to and coach middle schoolers. Our travel team practices are three days a week from the first week in April through the second week of June and are held in Falmouth, Maine. Coaches receive free uniforms, discs, and a small stipend upon the successful completion of the season. We also pay for USAU Level 1 Coach certification. To learn more about the team, please visit FMSUltimate.com and/or email coach SheaGunther@gmail.com.”
Get excited for ultimate!
The 2018 season is fast approaching. Here are some good things to know:
– Pre-season Parents and Players meeting is Monday, February 26 from 6-7:00pm at the Falmouth Town Library on Lunt Road. All new and returning parents and players for Falmouth Rogue should try to attend.
– Our first indoor pre-season practice is Friday, March 30th, from 6-8pm, in the Falmouth Middle School gym. Pre-season practices will be held on Sundays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. Please click over to the Rogue schedule for exact details.
– Two of our practices will be film sessions (due to the unavailability of gym space). On Wednesdays, April 4th and 11th, we’ll be watching professional produced games of ultimate (like this) and eating snacks.
– The deadline for signing up to play on Falmouth Rogue is Friday, March 9th. Due to the time it takes uniforms to be printed, this is a hard and fast deadline. Registration is open now!
– Speaking of uniforms, our team artist Joey Han is hard at-work on putting the finishing touches on this year’s design. It’s going to be awesome!
Roll Falmouth Rogue!
Thanks to the generosity of the 2017 FMS Ultimate parents, we were able to order 200 new discs that were given away to this year’s 5th graders. We had enough to hand out a disc to every 5th grader in Falmouth with enough left over to leave some for the elementary and middle school gym teachers. Coach Shea also spent six weeks teaching ultimate to the 5th graders in their gym classes. Thanks as always to gym teacher Maureen Sylvia for letting us come in! There were a lot of great moments in their last few weeks of gym class ultimate as they got out and starting playing full games. We should have a good strong crew of 5th graders in the spring!
WAY too hot out there for ultimate. Intramural practice is cancelled today.
Today’s tournament is cancelled due to rain.
Someday we’ll get to play for a few days in a row. Just not this week.
Practice is cancelled for this evening. Assuming the fields are in shape, we’ll meet again next on Sunday in Cumberland.